Getting Started with your FIRST WEBSITE!
Having a great website these days is quite easy. Here you can learn the basic tools to begin building your Weebly website builder. Most of the tools here are "click and drag" and work well from a laptop or desktop computer. Weebly also offers an iPad app to build your page. Don't be afraid to just try and build something. Trial and error is the best way to create!
Starting a Website
- Create your Weebly account with an active email address. Create your password. Use my link to receive 10% off of any subscription package! Click HERE
- Pick out a template - this will determine the basic aesthetic of your pages. The ratio of photos to the page, as well as default font choices. You can always change fonts later (as I have done here).
- Decide on some photos for your website - go ahead and put them on your desktop now, so you can drag them into the app later.
- Think about your personal bio. This "About" page is where to include that. Click & Drag a text box to the part of the screen you would like your bio to appear, click on the box, and start writing! There will be a blue vertical or horizontal line over the region it will drop, use these guidelines to create the spacing you think looks best. Using the bio you would like for music programs is recommended. If someone searches for you online, they can easily learn more.
- Add a head shot on your bio page. Click and drag an image box to the place where you want the image to appear. Once the empty box is in place, you can click the box and upload an image from your computer to your website (drag the image from your desktop into the upload field).
- To delete something that you no longer need, waive your cursor arrow over the box, an "X" will appear in the upper right corner of the box so you can delete the item.
Creating a New Page
- To add a new page, click the "+" sign in your left "Pages" sidebar. You can choose from a standard page, like this, with as much text or images as you choose, or a Blog page like THIS (click link to see the style).
- Great! Now you have a page. Add as much (or as little) content you like, such as images, text, or even a detailed resume for your viewers to get to know your career. Be sure to remove any private or confidential information before posting online. Have an email address linked to any resume or bio page.